AZTEC COCOA

My version, although unbelievably simple, truly WOW-ed me. Seriously. I know you’re supposed to use really high quality cocoa and high quality spices for this, but I just used my run of the mill pantry basics and got a really rich cocoa with a nice earthy and spicy kick. I don’t think I can ever go back to plain cocoa.

The cinnamon adds a depth and earthiness that regular cocoa doesn’t have and the brown sugar makes it just a bit more rich (thank you, molasses). The pinch of cayenne provided just the right amount of burn in the back of my throat to make me giggle with glee. This stuff is awesome.



Just a fair warning – the spices do not totally dissolve in milk because, well, they’re not dissolvable. So, there will be some sediment on the bottom of your mug. If you’re a French press coffee drinker, this will not bother you.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder $0.04
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar $0.02
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon $0.02
  • 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper $0.01
  • 8 oz milk (2% fat or higher) $0.25

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne.
  2. Heat the milk until hot, but not boiling. (Heat in a small sauce pan over medium-low, whisking often, or microwave for about 1.5 – 2 minutes).
  3. .........................................

for full instruction please see : www.budgetbytes.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel