ALMOND SLICE

A sure sign of a recipe being a winner is when half of it is gone before I even manage to get photos! I knew the other half would like Almond Slice, given his love for Mr Kipling Bakewell Slices I hadn’t anticipated making two batches of them within a few days.

If I’m being completely honest, I’m not too big a fan of almonds in baking. I can happily munch through an entire bag of whole almonds but when it comes to baking with them, I just get reminded of marzipan which is something I am most definitely not a fan of! I’m not entirely sure what it is about marzipan but I just can’t seem to grow any degree of fondness for it…


That being said, even I could appreciate the simplicity of these lovely little slices. Of course my favourite part is the pastry base, smothered in raspberry jam. But my other half – the true almond slice fan – actually gave high praises of these little cakey-pastry slices; which for those of you who know him, you can appreciate that coming from him it is high praise indeed!

For the Pastry Base

  • 225g Plain Flour
  • 100g Butter
  • 30g Sugar
  • 2-3 tbsp Cold Water
  • For the Sponge
  • 190g Seedless Raspberry Jam
  • 75g Butter
  • 75g Caster Sugar
  • 75g Ground Almonds
  • 75g Self-raising Flour
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 tbsp Milk
  • Handful of Flaked Almonds

For the Pastry

  1. (Make your pastry in advance.) Rub the butter and flour with your fingers in a large bowl. Once it resembles bread crumbs, add the sugar and mix until combined.
  2. Gradually add the cold water a spoonful at a time, continuing to mix with your hands, bringing together to form a dough. You may not need all the water, or you may need a little extra.
  3. Continue to mix the dough in your hands until well formed. Wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge for at least and hour to firm up before use.
  4. ...............................


for full recipes please see : bakingwithgranny.co.uk

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel