CARMELITAS

These keto carmelitas are going to blow your mind. Heavenly low carb “oatmeal” bars filled with sugar-free caramel and chocolate. Hard to believe this grain-free treat isn’t made with oats!

The first time I ever tried carmelitas, I may have swooned and fallen to the floor. I am not exactly sure where I was, but if recollection serves me properly, I was visiting my sister in law in Bar Harbor, Maine. It’s possible that she made them herself (she’s quite a good cook and her last name is Baker, after all) or she may have picked them up at one of the local bakeries.


Usually I remember details like this very well but I do believe I was so overcome by the delicious, oat-y, caramel-y, chocolate-y crumbliness in my mouth, all other senses faded away. I was transported. I was in my own little world, savouring every morsel, every crumb, unable to think beyond the sweetness in my mouth. I was in deep. Way over my head.

Ingredients

  • Crust:
  • 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
  • 3/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour divided
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • Filling:
  • 1 Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce cooled 10 minutes
  • 1/2 cup Lily's Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or other low carb chocolate

Instructions
Crust:

  1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9x9 inch square pan (can also use 8x8 but baking time will be longer).
  2. In a food processor, combine coconut and sliced almond. Pulse until the pieces are broken up and about the size of oats in size. Transfer to a large bowl.
  3. Add the almond flour, sweetener, 2 tbsp coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. .....................................


for full recipes please see : alldayidreamaboutfood.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel