Millionaire’s Shortbread

This Millionaire’s Shortbread is the perfect trifecta: Sweet simple, crisp shortbread, rich chewy, homemade caramel, and thick dark chocolate ganache.  Sprinkle everything off with a scattering of sea salt and you have a decadently rich treat that lives up to every penny of its lucrative name.

I don’t think (and I’m sure they’ll correct me if I’m wrong) I’ve ever given my siblings anything really bad to eat.


Sometimes they eat my recipe fails, but only the most edible ones (cupcakes that are just slightly too dense, cookies that are a tad too crumbly), and I never did anything as treacherous as trying to pass off bean brownies for regular brownies, which one of my sisters actually did do to me one time  (a deception I’ll never forgive).

So it’s slightly insulting to me that, when presented with any dessert that isn’t an obvious cake, cookie, or cupcake, they proceed with severe trepidation.  Forks hovering nervously over their plates, eyes narrowed, skeptical, seeming to suggest —  It could be an anthrax pie, how can we be sure it’s not?  So much for gratitude.

Ingredients
Shortbread Crust

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 226g
  • 1/3 cup sugar 70g
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed 70g
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 260g

Caramel

  • 2 14-oz cans sweetened condensed milk 825ml
  • 14 Tablespoons butter cut into Tablespoon-sized pieces (198g)
  • 1 cup light brown sugar packed (200g)
  • 1/3 cup light corn syrup 80g
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Chocolate Ganache
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 340g
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream 120ml
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 5ml
  • sea salt for sprinkling

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350F (177C) and line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until well creamed.
  3. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.
  4. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and stir well, pausing to scrape down the sides and mixing until ingredients are well-combined.
  5. ....................................


for full recipes please see : sugarspunrun.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel