Peaches and Cream Muffins

When it comes to entertaining, I try to keep an open door policy for friends and family. I love the spontaneity of friends just “popping by” for a few minutes or my mom swinging over on a weekday to surprise me with lunch. Last weekend new neighborhood friends of ours swung by in the morning and I threw together an impromptu breakfast. It was a gorgeous sunny morning – the temperature was hovering at that “just brisk enough for a light cardigan” spot – and I wanted to make something we could all enjoy on our patio. I set out a carafe of coffee for the friends and darted into the kitchen to see what I could whip up. As a food blogger, it’s always fun to cook for people and NOT have a plan 😉

Enter these Peaches and Cream Muffins! I new I was in luck when I found 4 incredibly sweet smelling peaches sitting pretty on our counter top. The best part? Making these muffins is SO easy. I quickly tossed together the basic batter, topped it with a light buttery crumb, and 18 minutes later – it was muffin time! Once plated, I drizzled each muffin with the easiest ever cinnamon glaze and served them with great applaud to our gracious guests. <—— I am no rock star in the hosting department; these muffins are really just that simple.



These muffins are incredibly soft, exploding with juicy pockets of fresh peach, and completely decadent thanks to the cinnamon vanilla glaze. I like to enjoy them as an extra special breakfast or brunch, but they also make a worthy dessert option. When I made this recipe the second time (for you guys!), we froze a few and I’m happy to report they reheat quite nicely (minus the glaze).

Ingredients
For the Crumb Topping:


  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (not packed)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into tiny pieces
  • For the Peach Muffins:
  • 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup full-fat sour cream
  • 1 and 1/2 cups fresh peach chunks (cut them into bite-sized chunks; peeled or unpeeled is fine)
  • For the Vanilla Glaze:
  • 1 cup of confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons of milk OR heavy cream, more if needed to achieve desired consistency

Instructions


  1. In a large bowl combine the granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter; using two forks or a pastry cutter, combine ingredients until the mixture is very crumbly and resembles a coarse meal. The crumbs should be pea-sized. Place mixture in the fridge or freezer until needed.
  2. ...............................................


for full insrtruction please see : bakerbynature.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel