Carrot Pound Cake

I am going to be perfectly honest with you right now. I am a bit obsessed with turning the classic dishes into something else. Take this new pound cake recipe I have below. It really is the classic carrot cake turned into a delicious and highly fattening pound cake. Oh and this isn’t the first time with carrot cake either. I have made a Carrot Cake Baked French Toast that turned out pretty well and I my daughter’s favorite jam is the Carrot Cake Jam that I preserve via water bath canning. And lets not forget my Strawberry Shortcake Baked French Toast. That is a great classic turned into an excellent breakfast dish.


Okay, lets get back to this recipe…I think I got a bit side tracked. This recipe was found by me on Pinterest the other day when I was looking for, more than likely, something else. There was leftover carrots in the fridge and we all love carrot cake in this house. So it seemed to be a perfect recipe. There isn’t much more to say about it but that it has a carrot cake taste with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger made into a dense and buttery pound cake batter. Not to mention, the added cream cheese in the batter of the cake makes a creamier and softer tasting pound cake.

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks butter softened...[$2.00]
  • 2 cups white granulated sugar ...[$0.78]
  • 3 large eggs ...[$0.69]
  • 8 oz. cream cheese softened and divided...[$2.00]
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract ...[$1.40]
  • 3 cups all purpose flour ...[$0.69]
  • 1 tsp. baking soda ...[$0.04]
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder ...[$0.02]
  • 1 tsp. salt ...[$0.07]
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon ...[$0.08]
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg ...[$0.19]
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger ...[$0.06]
  • 2 cups carrots shredded...[$0.15]
  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar ...[$0.09]
  • 1 tbsp. milk ...[$0.01]

Instructions

  1. Pound Cake
  2. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
  3. Cream butter and sugar together until completely blended smooth.
  4. Add eggs, vanilla, and 6 oz. cream cheese and blend until smooth.
  5. ...........................


for full recipes please see : www.oneacrevintagehome.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel