Spiced Zucchini Carrot Bread {Recipe}

This is the time of the year when everyone starts to feel pretty over the surplus of summer veggies and fast forwards to fall. My favorite farmer at the farmers market gave me an oversized zucchini a few weeks ago because they weren’t selling. Everyone was starting to go for the winter squash instead.

My mind immediately went to creating a hybrid summer/fall zucchini bread. I also picked up carrots that day at the farmers market so I got to work on creating a fall spiced zucchini carrot bread. I have been all about recipe development lately so I did tons of reading and research on zucchini bread recipes and then wrote my own based on what seemed to be tried and true ratios along with my ideas for what I wanted in the bread.


The first batch I made turned out good but not great. The texture was a little bit off, it wasn’t quite sweet enough and it needed a lot more spice.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened or melted, can also sub vegetable or canola oil)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • Zest of one orange

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. Note, you can also make this into muffins. Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or liners.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
  3. In another bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine wet ingredients with dry. Mixture will be thick and hard to stir.
  4. ................................


for full recipes please see : www.peanutbutterrunner.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel