No Bake Strawberry Almond Energy Balls

If you’ve made your way around the internet, you’ve probably seen a few recipes for “bliss balls” or “energy balls”. Whatever you call them, they’re out there, and they’re good. If you’re made your way around Cozy Peach Kitchen, you’ve probably seen that I love strawberries. So, today I present to you no bake strawberry almond energy balls, the perfect quick snack or sweet tooth quencher.

I can’t think of a more appropriately flavored energy bite to make for summer than these Strawberry Almond Energy Bites. I probably say this about every new energy bite recipe I come up with, but I think this one is my favorite!


These little bites of deliciousness (sorry, I really like them!!) contain strawberries, dates, almonds, dry oatmeal, and shredded coconut flakes. Dates are the backbone of these strawberry almond energy balls, because of their sweetness. They are carbohydrate dense, which equals energy. Hence, energy balls! Because date sugars are attached to fiber, vitamins, and minerals, they’re a better option for a sweet energy kick than pure table sugar.

Almonds add in the slightest bit of crunch to this otherwise soft energy ball, as well as protein and healthy fats. Almonds are a great plant based protein source, and one that I find myself eating most days. I carry a bulk bag of almonds around in my work purse, which means that I also have random almonds floating around at the bottom of my bag at all times. Umm. Moving on…

Sometimes I think I’ll run out of new flavor ideas for energy bites, but with all the energy bars on the store shelves, I have an endless supply of inspiration.


I haven’t made a batch of energy bites in a while because I’ve just been buying a couple of RXBARs each week. I usually only eat half of a bar at a time and generally it’s before I go running. I absolutely love these bars because the ingredients are simple and generally the same as what I use when I make energy bites.

However, can we talk about how ridiculous the price of energy bars is?! Even when they’re on sale it still comes out to about $2.00 a bar. I know it’s convenient to not make your own. I know this because I haven’t been making my own for months now. But it’s time for me to stop being lazy and just make a batch every couple weeks.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup pitted medjool dates
  • 4 medium strawberries, sliced
  • 3/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats, dry
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Combine all ingredients, except the coconut flakes, in a food processor. Process until almonds are broken up into tiny pieces (not fully ground) and the ingredients form a paste-like consistency.
  2. You should be able to form the dough into a ball without too much sticking to your hands. Form into 13-14 ping-pong sized balls and let rest in the fridge for about an hour (not necessary, but allows coconut flakes to stick more easily)
  3. Pulse the coconut flakes in the food processor, or chop up finely by hand until they are broken down into small pieces. Roll the chilled balls in the coconut flakes. Store in fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel