TEA CAKE / SPONGE CAKE

A long pending post ,Tea Cake / Sponge Cake!! finally, I could make this cake ,which I have been wanting to make for a very long time.

I love sponge Cakes/ or Tea Cakes over other variety of cakes,as they are called.Just the plain one's,very simple and elegant flavor,just right to munch during Tea Time. I love almost every variety of cake but the plain sponge Cake/Vanilla Cake with no additions has been my favorite since childhood.
Recipe is also very basic,very easy to follow and no fancy steps.


I have also tried the EggFree / Eggless version of this sponge cake,which I will share soon.
Did you check all my baking recipes? Here is list of all my bakes!

Ingredients

  • 1.5 Cups,Maida / All Purpose Unbleached ,spooned and leveled
  • 1/2 Cup,Butter(I used Salted),at room temperature
  • 3 Eggs,at room temperature
  • 1 Cup,Powdered Sugar
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Salt(if used Unsalted Butter)
  • 1/2 Teaspoon,Baking Soda
  • 1 Tablespoon, Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup Milk,at room temperature

Instructions

  1. In a mixing bowl,add butter and whisk with a hand held mixer or wired whisk till fluffy.
  2. Add eggs,one at a time and whisk after each addition till the mix is light.
  3. Add sugar and whisk further till mixed well.
  4. Sieve flour and baking soda(if using Salt,in case of Unsalted Butter) then sieve that too.
  5. ................................


for full recipes please see : www.savorybitesrecipes.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel