CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH FLUFFY MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM

This recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Marshmallow Buttercream has won over children and adults alike. Moist and delicious chocolate cupcakes are adorned with big scoops of the fluffiest marshmallow buttercream. So fun!

Some of my most joyful moments in the kitchen involve making buttercream frosting. The fluffier, the better – that’s my motto.


It’s not only fun for me to make and eat myself, but I also immensely enjoy the reactions from those I love when that first swipe of fluffiness reaches their lips. Really great buttercreams are not an everyday occurrence. They’re special, and should be totally and completely enjoyed without guilt. That’s another motto of mine.

These Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Marshmallow Buttercream have swept us off our feet. They are indulgent in the most celebratory kind of way. If you’ve been looking for a special cupcake that’s easy to make, look no further!

Happy almost Valentine’s Day!  What are you thoughts on V-day?  I’m kinda indifferent by the time this “holiday” rolls around.  At this point I’ve just finished celebrating 8-9 different occasions from Thanksgiving, to Hannukah, to New Years, to our anniversary, my kids birthday, my birthday, my husbands birthday, etc… So when Valentine’s Day hits, I’m kinda done.


To take the pressure off ourselves, we’ve created a tradition of no gifts, and In-N-Out for dinner.  It works perfectly for us, and everybody wins.  However, I will use any excuse to make celebratory chocolate cupcakes.

So, in honor of Valentine’s Day, I made you these.

Ingredients

  • 1 chocolate box cake mix like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup water at room temperature
  • 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • Mini chocolate chips for topping about 1/2 cup

For the frosting

  • 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 7 oz container marshmallow creme fluff
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract



Instructions
  1. Preheat oven according to box directions. Fill cupcake tin with liners and set aside. In a large bowl pour the cake mix, eggs, water, butter, and mayonnaise, and using a hand mixer blend until well combined.
  2. Bake according to the box. About 18-20 minutes for cupcakes.
  3. Once baked, place cupcakes on a cooling rack and cool completely.
  4. Once cooled, frost with marshmallow buttercream frosting and top with mini chocolate chips.

For the frosting

  1. Using a hand mixer, blend together the butter and marshmallow creme until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Blend until thick, but do not over-beat.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel