Herb Roasted Chicken Breast

Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb here to share one of my favorite go-to meals for busy weeknights! Fall is probably the busiest time of year for me and 30 minute meals are my saving grace.

This meal is one of my very favorites because with just a few ingredients and all on one pan you’ve got a main dish and a side dish all in one – you can’t beat that! The flavor of this juicy chicken and those seasoned potatoes is so amazing. You will make this dish over and over again!


I really like having pre-cooked chicken in the fridge that I can use to quickly whip up a sandwich or wrap, or add protein to a bowl of pasta, salad, or one of my “leftovers” bowls. While I often use a rotisserie chicken for this purpose, they are sometimes just too salty and we have a hard time going through a whole chicken between the two of us. So, this week I experimented a bit more with the “low and slow” roasting method and made these incredibly tender and juicy Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts.

I first used the “low and slow” technique with my Oven Roasted Chicken Legs and was really pleased with not only the texture of the meat, but the delicious juices that were left in the dish after roasting. This time I combined the butter with a trio of herbs and slathered it over two bone-in, skin-on split chicken breasts. The breasts were quite large, so I lowered the heat a bit and let them roast even longer before removing the cover to let them brown. The results were even more incredible. I pulled the meat from the breasts after cooking, drizzled the juices over top, and have been snacking on the meat all week.


Ingredients

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
  • 4 cups quartered baby red and/or gold potatoes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 packet dried Italian salad dressing
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • fresh herbs for garnish (such as thyme, rosemary, or parsley)

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a rimmed baking sheet.
  2. Place chicken and potatoes on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Whisk together butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Brush or drizzle over chicken and potatoes.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle fresh herbs over the top and serve immediately.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel