Carrot Cake Muffins

It’s that time of year when I want to make carrot cake EVERYTHING. My dad loves carrot cake, and since this is his birthday month, I tend to get nostalgic and want to make all the carrot cake recipes.

From this classic carrot cake, to this over the top (but insanely delicious) Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake, I can’t stop.


Today though, how about carrot cake for breakfast. I mean, after all, they are muffins. And muffins are breakfast food. Even when they are topped with a big dollop of cream cheese frosting. Oh wait, I should call it a glaze to make it more breakfast friendly.

Yes. Carrot Cake muffins with a cream cheese glaze. And walnuts. For protein of course!

Now that I have devoured this whole batch of muffins, I guess I’ll bake up some of these Carrot Cake Cupcakes next!

Ingredients
FOR THE MUFFINS:

  •  1 cup granulated sugar
  •  1/2 cup canola oil
  •  2 large eggs
  •  1 cup all-purpose flour
  •  1/2 tsp baking soda
  •  1/2 tsp baking powder
  •  1 tsp cinnamon
  •  1 cup shredded carrots

FOR THE TOPPING:

  •  2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  •  2 oz cream cheese, softened
  •  1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  •  1 cup powdered sugar
  •  1-2 Tbsp heavy cream
  •  1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with baking spray. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the sugar, oil and eggs together. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until fully combined. Fold in carrots.
  3. Using a large cookie scoop, fill muffin tin with batter about 2/3 full each. You should get 10-12 muffins.
  4. ...............................


for full recipes please see : www.shugarysweets.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel