Crispy Cheddar Chicken

I have a simple dinner recipe for you today. Simple and easy and tasty and smile provoking…an all around treasure.
I love it when smiles are provoked. Heck. I’ll take a smile from my kids even without provoking it! It’s just so much nicer when people smile instead of whine.

Do you like whining?
Not a fan, myself.
Speaking of my children…the other day we were watching a cooking show on The Food Network and one of my kids said…
“Hey Mom, you like to cook.
Why don’t you be the cooker on that show?”


I had a fabulous weekend attending a snap conference with some of my favorite blog friends.  We had so much fun attending classes and staying up late sharing ideas with each other.  I learned a lot this weekend and I hope that I can continue to grow as a blogger!  I had such a busy weekend and Mondays are always a struggle for me. I like to be able to make something quick and easy.  This turned out fantastic and my 9 year old said that it was one of the best things that I have made.  I loved how the Ritz crackers gave it a delicious crunch and the cream sauce on top was amazing.  This is definitely a meal that will please the family and everyone will love.

Now. Do I feel embarrassed about cooking with cream of chicken soup? Heavens no! I just bought three cases of it last month.
Should you feel embarrassed about cooking with
cream of chicken soup?

Of course not!
Are you the cooking she-rah for your family or what?
Do make food that provokes a smile?
Do your family members occasionally say things like…
“You are The Bomb, Mom. What ever you made with that trusty old cream of chicken soup is rocking my world.”

Ingredients
Chicken

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 egg whites
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 cups Progresso™ Progresso™ Italian panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)

Cheese Sauce

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Pepper

Steps

  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In bowl, combine egg whites and whisk until bubbly. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese.
  2. Cut each breast of chicken into 3 pieces. Dip each piece into egg whites, then roll in the cheese-bread crumb mixture. Place in a parchment-lined baking dish and cover with foil.
  3. Bake chicken in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then remove foil, baste with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and cook 10-12 additional minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and coating is golden brown.
  4. While chicken is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until the mixture is pasty and hot. Add chicken broth and whisk fast until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted completely and mixture is smooth and creamy. Add more broth if needed for desired consistency. Add pepper to taste. Remove from heat, cover and set aside until chicken is ready to serve.
  5. Remove chicken from oven and place on platter. Top with fresh parsley and serve with sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel