Homemade Lemon Curd

I have the sweetest (traveling) husband in the whole world.  He takes such an interest in what I’m cooking and blogging.  Maybe he’s just a little worried about what he’ll have to eat!  I told him I’ve been looking for the right time to make lemon curd.  He asked “what is a lemon turd?”  Should I tell him that it’s a ‘curd’ not a ‘turd?’ Lemon curd is a strange name and sounds like something that came out of the wrong end of a lemon.   But it tastes pretty fantastic.  I’ve seen lemon curd in the jelly and jam section of the grocery store.  I’ve never bought it, nor have I tried it until now.

If you’re been reading SRFD for a while you probably know I have a small lemon obsession so naturally this sweet spread would appear sooner or later.


To tell the truth it tastes just like lemon pie.    I guess it’s easy to see why … eggs, sugar, lemon juice, butter and zest.

I know.  That was way too easy!    Cool the lemon curd for at least 10 minutes then cover and refrigerate until chilled.

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs, lightly whisked
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • dash of salt
  • ¾ cup lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
  • zest of 2 lemons

Instructions

  1. Zest two lemons and set aside. Juice 4 lemons or enough to make ¾ cup juice. Strain pulp and seeds before measuring.
  2. In a medium heavy bottom saucepan whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt and lemon juice until blended. Add butter and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the curd is thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
  3. .................................


for full recipes please see : www.savingdessert.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel