Samoa Cupcakes

Hello and welcome to the only recipe on the site that is not taste tested and approved by yours truly. We are on our penultimate recipe of my Girl Scout Cookie Cupcake series and have reached the dreaded Samoa Cupcakes week.

Guys, I have a confession: I don’t like shredded coconut. I don’t like shredded coconut on things, so really I don’t like Samoa cookies. But you know what I LOVE? Complete sets of things.

There’s no way I could do a Girl Scout Cookie Cupcake series and leave out one of the most iconic cookies of them all, so for my Samoa Cupcakes, I enlisted some trusted tasted testers and went to work.



Samoas are a crunchy cookie base covered in chocolate, topped with shredded coconut and caramel, and then drizzled with more chocolate. So for these cupcakes, I returned to our pound cake cupcake base. That gets dipped in chocolate. Then we whip up some quick homemade caramel, toast some coconut, spread all that over the cupcakes and top it all a bit more chocolate.

The end result is gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Visually, they are my favorite of all the cupcakes. They look just like giant versions of the cookies and are so cute.

Ingredients
Cupcakes

  • 12 Poundcake cupcakes cooled
  • Chocolate Coating
  • 1 cup (6oz) semi-sweet chocolate chopped and divided (chips or baking chocolate are fine)
  • 1 tablespoon and 3/4 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil divided

Caramel

  • 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Toasted Coconut

  • 1 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Instructions
Chocolate Coating

  1. In a small microwave-safe bowl large enough for cupcake dipping, combine 2/3 cup of the chocolate with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted and no lumps remain. Stir vigorously until chocolate is shiny and smooth.
  2. Dip cupcake tops in the chocolate, allowing the excess to run off. Place cupcakes on a tray in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the caramel and coconut.
  3. ...........................................

for full recipes please see : bakingmischief.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel