STRAWBERRY BANANA CREAM PIE

I know … I have been posting a lot of strawberry recipes lately.  How can I not?  The strawberries have been SO GOOD!  We just can’t get enough of them this time of year.

I love to make pies, and have quite the collection of them on my blog.  One of my family’s favorite pies that I make is my Banana Cream.



When browsing my assigned page for Secret Recipe Club this month, Well Dined, this Strawberry Banana Cream Pie just leaped out at me!  Oh, sure, there are TONS of other things that I could have made; like this Greek Style Zucchini Salad or these Salty Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies.

This isn’t the first time I have been assigned Sarah’s blog.  Back in November, I made her recipe for S’Mores Treats for a Holiday Baking theme.  Sarah is an avid home cook, and also reviews restaurants on her blog, Well Dined.  She cooks and bakes more on the healthy side, and you will find some tasty seafood dishes on her blog, which I love, like this Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Seared Scallops.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1 egg
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, cut in pieces
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 banana, thinly sliced
  • 1 pint small strawberries, sliced (about two cups)

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon until well blended. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.
  3. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Cool.
  4. .......................................

for full recipes please see : anaffairfromtheheart.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel