The Best French Macaron Recipe

My first ever post on this blog! It’s only fitting that I talk about my favourite item to bake – macarons! My obsession with making macarons started a month after I started baking for the very first time, my hubby bought me a macaron making class at a popular local French bakery and I learnt how to make French macarons from a French chef. It seriously changed my life as I became obsessed with macaron making ever since. I would practice by making several batches every week, and sometimes several a day

I love macarons on so many levels – both aesthetically and technically. As you probably already know by the barrage of #macaron hash tagged photos seen on Instagram, they are literally the most photogenic food ever to exist (my own very biased opinion of course haha). On the other hand, on a technical level, I love them because I’ve become addicted to the challenge of making them. They are super finicky to get right and it is one of the very few foods that, just by looking at its outer appearance, you will know which techniques were used to make it.


Ingredients
FOR THE SHELLS:

  • 80 grams extra fine almond flour
  • 85 grams powdered sugar
  • 2 large egg whites (about 60-64 grams), room temperature
  • 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • pinch salt
  • 50 grams granulated sugar (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • food coloring

FOR THE FILLING:

  • 1/4 cup butter softened
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon milk

Instructions
FOR THE SHELLS:

  1. Sift the almond flour and powdered sugar together and set aside.
  2. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium until foamy. Add in the cream of tartar and salt. Continue beating and add in about 1 tablespoon sugar at a time. Increase speed to med-high and mix until soft peaks. At this point you can add the vanilla and food coloring. Continue mixing until stiff peaks. Remove the bowl from the machine.
  3. ...........................


for full recipes please see : iambaker.net

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel