Twixie Bars - No Bake Dessert Treats

If you love TWIX Cookie Candy Bars as much as THIS GIRL, *pointing at self with both thumbs* you are going to LOVE these EASY, No-Bake “TWIXIE Bars”.  7 simple ingredients and BOOM!  You have the yummiest chocolate, caramel, cookie bars and never even had to turn on the oven!  These are now officially my favorite homemade dessert treat.   Buckle up, cuz they are about to be your favorite too:

I have a confession to make.  I’m not really a big fan of Rice Krispie Treats.  I KNOW, RIGHT?  I love how easy they are and I’ll eat one if it’s there, but I’ve never made them or bought them because I actually wanted them.  But THEN I saw a recipe where someone had added a layer of caramel and chocolate on top and the TWIX Candy Cookie Bars lover in me went BONKERS just looking at the picture.  Upon further investigation, however, the recipe had peanut butter all through it – in the chocolate layer, the rice krispie layer and even in the caramel layer.


BOOO flippin HISSS!  I have nothing against peanut butter, fyi, just don’t  mess with my TWIX flavors.  Which I had imagined.  And already devoured in my wide awake dreams.   So I got to thinking…what would keep  it EASY and no bake and NOT be rice krispies yet give the yumminess of TWIX in the cookie layer part?  DOYEE!  NILLA WAFERS!  And bonus:  they come in MINI size.  Say wha?  It’s like the stars were aligning and all that.  Lucky for me – lucky for you!   Let’s do this, shall we?

INGREDIENTS
For the Cookie Layer

  • 11 oz. Box of Mini Nilla Wafers or regular size if you want to crush them a little
  • 16 oz. bag of Mini Marshmallows
  • 1/2 Cup Butter room temperature and cut into pieces
  • For the Caramel Layer
  • 1 Cup Butter
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed (I prefer the dark brown sugar)
  • 4 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
  • 1 Cup Sweetened and Condensed Milk
  • For the Chocolate Layer
  • 2 Cups MILK Chocolate Chips {there IS a difference so make sure you get MILK chocolate} I always get the NESTLE Milk Chocolate Morsels - see picture of them in the recipe post at DreaminginDIY.com
  • 2 Tablespoon Tablespoons Butter room temperature
  • No-Bake Caramel, Chocolate and Nilla Wafer "TWIXIE BARS" Recipe - If you love TWIX Cookie Candy Bars as much as THIS GIRL, *pointing at self with both thumbs*, you are going to LOVE these EASY, No-Bake 'TWIXIE Bars!

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cookie Layer: Place mini marshmallows and cut up slices of 1/2 Cup of the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for two minutes. If butter is not completely melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time until it is. Stir until you have a smooth mixture.
  2. Pour in Mini Nilla Wafers and stir until they are all completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Butter a 9x13 baking dish and then pour the mixture into your baking dish. Press it down evenly into all of the corners making it as level and even on top as possible. Put it in the fridge to cool while you mix the caramel layer.
  3. .............................


for full recipes please see : dreamingindiy.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel