Keto No Bake Energy Bites

If you are on a Ketogenic diet and trying to find some ideas to treat yourself to something delicious and fulfilling I recommend that you give these easy keto no bake energy bites a shot. It’s sugar free and the taste of the orange blossom water in it will make you want to eat more and more, so be aware of that. It’s also full of good fat and fiber which makes it a wonderful dessert for you to have after a meal or as a snack.

A quick and easy recipe for no bake chocolate energy balls which are whole30 approved and keto-friendly! Made with dates and almond butter, these healthy chocolate protein balls take less than 5 minutes!


When it comes to healthy snacks, energy balls are easily my go-to snack!

Not only are they quick and easy to prepare (simply throw in a high-speed blender or food processor!), but they can easily be customized to suit your taste buds!

So a ketogenic diet is quite simply any diet that forces the body into a process called ketosis, whereby fats are burned instead of carbohydrates for use as energy. A proper ketogenic diet calls for the dieter to consume high amounts of fat, adequate amounts of protein, and very low amounts of carbohydrates. Our bodies are used to turning carbohydrates into glucose to send all over the body as energy. When we enter ketosis by sufficiently limiting our carbohydrate intake, our livers start breaking down fat cells into fatty acids and ketones, to be used as energy.

Like any other diets you can always treat yourself to somethimg delicious that can still meet the guidelines. These keto no bake energy bites are amazingly delicious and fulfilling that you forget you are on a diet.

During the peak of my month-long keto diet experiment, keto and paleo energy balls were always in my fridge. Every single day, I’d snack on either my peanut butter keto balls or my chocolate peanut butter keto balls.

Ever since I finished said keto diet, you’d still find those exact keto energy balls in my fridge!

However, for January, I’ve been partaking in the Whole30 challenge, and that has seen my favorite snacks be removed from the approved foods list.

Peanut butter and unsweetened chocolate, while two perfectly healthy foods, are not whole30 approved.

While I have a slew of vegan whole30 recipes to fall back upon, I had yet to create a chocolate snack fix to my liking.

I threw together some whole30 approved ingredients into my blender and prayed for the best. I’d loosely based it off my homemade Larabar recipe, but with a few small changes and was pleasantly surprised.


Ingredients

  • ½ cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp almond flour
  • ¼ cup nut butter (cashew butter, almond butter or peanut butter work best)
  • 4 drops liquid stevia (for sweeter version use 1-2 tbsp honey and add in extra 1-2 tbsp almond flour)
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup sugar-free chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. In a bowl mix together the collagen protein, coconut flour and almond flour. Then add the nut butter, stevia, applesauce and vanilla then mix together.
  2. The texture should be like thick cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate chips. Take small bits of the mixture to roll into balls. Enjoy right away or store for later in the refrigerator.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel