Chicken Stuffing Bake

This Chicken Stuffing Bake recipe is a hassle-free 45 minute meal. With chicken, stuffing, broccoli and a few other simple ingredients – it’s so comforting.

Casseroles are always weeknight winners, I love that dinner can easily be made and enjoyed in one pan. This Chicken Stuffing Bake is no different, and is as comforting as stuffing can be.

TGIF, my friends! Gosh this has been a crazy week. First the ridiculously crazy elections and all the fighting that has come with it. (I’m still trying to avoid Facebook at all costs.) Then we had the unfortunate news that my brother-in-law’s father passed away from ALS. I was heart broken to hear Larry had passed. When I lived in Bullhead many many moons ago I had the pleasure of getting to know him and his wife Susie well. The Romney’s are all amazing people. I am praying for all of them during this difficult time, and am honored I’m able to be here in Arizona for the funeral.


On a better note, I need to tell you all about this Chicken & Stuffing Bake. It’s a recipe my Mom has made for years. This was definitely in my top 5 favorite dinners Mom would make for us. Layers of seasoned chicken, creamy chicken soup and stuffing come together in this comforting dish. You may already have your own version of this classic but I wanted to share the way I’ve made it through the years. First of all, I don’t use pre-cooked chicken like most of the recipes out there. I think it comes out way too dry. It’s so easy to just cook the chicken right along with everything else. It saves a lot of time and energy.

This easy chicken and stuffing casserole is made in 45 minutes, and includes all the comfort foods to warm you up fast. Featuring chicken, stuffing, cream of chicken soup and broccoli – it’s a meal with all the nutrition, in one dish!

Just make sure to watch the sodium with this recipe, choose low sodium soups and no added salt when you can. This is because you might have already added it to your stuffing and/or chicken. And too much will overwhelm this recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch pieces
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (see my recipe below this card for my homemade cream of chicken soup)
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top Chicken Stuffing mix
  • 1½ cups chicken broth

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
  2. Cut chicken breasts into one inch pieces. Lay out evenly in the bottom of prepared dish. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. In a medium bowl whisk together the condensed soups and milk. Pour mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle dry stuffing mix evenly over the top. Pour chicken broth over the stuffing mix- making sure to get as much of it covered as possible.
  4. Cover dish with foil and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel