Buffalo Keto Cauliflower Tots

My husband is the chef of the family, so our house is the go-to game watching spot. Football game days are twice as much fun when you’re sharing delicious apps and hearty snacks with family and friends!

Problem is, tailgate and party food isn’t exactly known for being healthy.

Since I just had a baby this summer, I’ve been trying to eat a little bit cleaner and get out of my maternity clothes. (That was one of the surprises for me with my firstborn…you have to wear maternity clothes after birth too!)


Let’s talk about Tator Tot Hotdish for a minute. Did you grow up with it as a staple at your dinner table? Here in the midwest, it is definitely a go-to recipe for an easy comfort food. Personally, I didn’t grow up eating much of it which is unusual for a farm family. My mom wasn’t a fan of it though so she didn’t make it much and when school served it for lunch, it was awful. In the beginning of my pregnancy I started to crave classic comfort food.  From chili to casseroles, I was all about them. This Light Taco Cauliflower Tot Hotdish was my healthy take on this traditional recipe.

Because he is totally awesome, my husband volunteered to create a guilt-free appetizer to go along with our game watch parties.

These Buffalo Chicken Keto Cauliflower Tots do not taste healthy! Honestly, they taste like you went to your favorite restaurant and ordered some guilty pleasure appetizers!

I mean, just look at that perfectly crispy exterior!

Ingredients

  •  1 large head of cauliflower
  •  1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
  •  2 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
  •  4 tbsp melted ghee or grass fed butter
  •  3 tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce, plus more if desired
  •  1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish

Instructions

  1. Preheat the air-fryer to 370 degrees.
  2. Cut the cauliflower into florets. In a medium sized bowl, toss the florets with oil, and coat them with arrowroot starch.
  3. When the air fryer is ready, shake off any excess starch from the cauliflower, and place inside the basket. Set the timer for 6 minutes. 
  4. Meanwhile, combine the excess starch, melted ghee, and hot sauce in the same mixing bowl and set aside. Once the cauliflower is done, toss them back into the bowl and coat them well with the sauce. 
  5. Place the florets back into the basket, and bump up the temperature to 380 degrees. Cook for another 6 minutes, and remove.
  6. Brush with additional hot sauce if desired, and serve with ranch or my creamy avocado dressing.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel