LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD

I feel like some things you can buy at a store bakery are just as good as what you could make at home. Like La Brea french bread or donuts, for example. But the list is short. Most things are ten times yummier when they’re homemade, and I feel like sweet breads are definitely one of them. There is really no comparison!

My mouth waters just thinking about my favorite Almond Poppy Seed Bread or Cinnamon Applesauce Bread. Both are fantastic recipes!

I’ve also been stirring extra shredded zucchini into my favorite marinara sauce. The boys don’t even know it’s there. And of course I’ve been making loaves of Classic Zucchini Bread and  Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I guess I am going a little zucchini crazy.


I think you will appreciate my zucchini madness because I also created a new zucchini recipe that is going to knock your socks off. This Lemon Zucchini Bread is the BEST! You HAVE to make it.

I really love how easy sweet breads are to make. They don’t have yeast or need any time to rest or rise. They use simple pantry ingredients and only take a few minutes to whip together.

The lemon zucchini combination in this Lemon Zucchini Bread is delicious! I’m definitely a fan of traditional zucchini bread, but this one is so summer-y and different. It’s moist and tender , almost like a delicious cake. You can serve it at brunch or breakfast, as a snack, or as dessert.

The bread is super moist thanks to the zucchini and olive oil. I use light olive oil in this recipe instead of extra-virgin olive oil because it is lighter in flavor. Some extra-virgin olive oils can be strong. If you don’t want to use olive oil, you can use canola oil or vegetable oil.

This bread is also bursting with lemon flavor thanks to the lemon zest, lemon juice, and sweet lemon glaze. Don’t skip the glaze because it really is the icing on the bread…or cake.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 c. finely shredded unpeeled zucchini (do not squeeze or dry shredded zucchini)
  • 1/4 c. cooking oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon zest

Glaze

  • 1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. lemon zest

Instructions

  1. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a separate mixing bowl combine sugar, zucchini, cooking oil, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
  3. Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture; stir just until combined.
  4. Spoon batter into greased bread pan.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and set.
  6. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 min, then remove from pan and cool completely.
  7. Once cool, combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over bread.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel