Baked Brownies

Yoga pants, netflix, and brownies… that’s what’s up with me today. High five if it’s what’s up with you too. If not… jump on this! I have a hankering tomorrow will be yoga pants and some variety of cookie, so we might as well get on the same page now 😉  P.S. I’m thinking a cookie involving loads of chocolate… and maybe salted nuts? What do you think?

Since we have 6 days of crappy weather in the forecast, I’ve decided to call out of life and just bake my ass off. I took the hour I would have spent beautifying and made us some brownies. Baked brownies, you know, from those guys @ Baked Bakery in Brooklyn. They’ve been all over the media. Oprah listed them one of her “favorite things”… and we all know what happens when Oprah announces she likes something. People go nuts for it. I remember the year she named oatmeal “color of the year”. Good luck finding a sweater in that color without putting up a fight! <— I fought. I won. I rocked oatmeal all winter long.


But I digress. Back to Baked! It’s a rad little bakery in Brooklyn, NY. It’s owned by two hip fellows Matt and Renato; they are culinary geniuses that celebrate American classic desserts beyond the typical cupcake deal. The have tons of fun treats, and 2 cook books out that have me in a doozy. They’re also pretty famous for this brownie recipe. And guess what? It lives up to the hype.

The bakery is a fun time, and if you happen to be in NYC, so worth the trip out to Red Hook. You might gain like 3 pounds, but that’s what the yoga pants are for.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 11 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
  • 1 cup unsalted butter ( 8 ounces ) cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
  • 1½ cups granulated sugar
  • ½ cup packed light brown sugar
  • 5 eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
  3. Put the chocolate, butter and instant espresso powder in a large bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth.
  4. ......................................


for full recipes please see : bakerbynature.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel