LOW CARB CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE

Low carb chocolate coconut cake topped with a sweet and gooey frosting of coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips. This recipe is low carb, sugar free, gluten free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel.

Chocolate and coconut are a favorite combination.

I originally wanted to make a poke cake (and perhaps I still will) using my 2 Ingredient Sweetened Condensed Milk (which is sugar free). I made the cake part, and when I was mixing up the Condensed Milk I had the idea to just add coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips to the condensed milk for a “frosting” of sorts.


I wanted to use sliced almonds and call it Almond Joy Cake, but alas, I was out of sliced almonds. So, pecans to the rescue! (You could omit the chocolate chips and it would nearly be like a German Chocolate Cake!)

Ingredients

  • For the Cake:
  • 3/4 Cups Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
  • 2/3 Cups Gentle Sweet or the equivalent of your favorite sweetener
  • 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Mineral Salt
  • 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil I use virgin coconut oil so there is extra coconut flavor.
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2/3 Cup Water
  • For the Frosting:
  • 1 Recipe 2 Ingredient Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk, Made and Cooled Completely
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut, Shredded
  • ½ Cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips
  • ¼ Cup Chopped Pecans

Instructions
Make the Cake

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry cake ingredients together.
  3. Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, and water and mix well.
  4. ........................


for full recipes please see : mymontanakitchen.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel