Easy Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas Your Family will Love

i learned how to make these Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas from one of my besties, Alex. she actually taught me many of my cooking skills…including how to make whipped cream. i now love to cook in the kitchen, and i owe a lot of that to her.

quite a few years ago, she taught me how to make these easy enchiladas. it was the first recipe i learned and realized that measurements didn’t have to be exact. you could just add ingredients until the filling looked and tasted how you wanted it to look and taste. this is where i gain confidence in the kitchen. i actually don’t even measure my ingredients for the is recipe, but i have included the approximate measurements of what i use on this post.

these enchiladas and my favorite, more of a mild chicken and cheese comfort food. the sour cream and parsley balance each other and give it a nice fresh taste. i choose to use mild red sauce because my kids will not eat spicy stuff….however, if you like spicy, get the medium instead of the mild.


Originally published April 6, 2014. Now updated with re-edited text and photos. Instructions were are also reworded to clarify points.

I’m a Mexican food hound… meaning I love it ALL. But a lot of my Mexican cooking tastes similar because I love the taste. I’ll call it spicy taco-ish.

And most of my chicken dishes have some of that red chili taste, also. This is a different good. Very good but not the “kicktail” Mexican I’m known for and not spicy.

Based on a geniouskitchen.com recipe Simple Sour Cream Enchiladas but I don’t know the origin since essentially the same recipe appears in many places.

Ingredients

  • 2 - 3 boneless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
  • ½ onion chopped
  • 1 can of rotel
  • 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning or half packet
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 8 oz container of sour cream
  • 1 cup of milk
  • handful of shredded cheese any kind will do!
  • 8-10 to tortillas

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a skillet, brown the onions until soft.
  3. Add in the shredded chicken, taco seasoning, rotel, and HALF the can of cream of chicken soup.
  4. Cook over low heat until mixed thoroughly.
  5. Spoon the mixture evenly into the tortillas.
  6. Roll and place in a 9x13 pan with the seam side down.
  7. Continue to do this until your pan is full.
  8. Meanwhile, mix the remaining cream of chicken soup, sour cream and milk in a bowl until combined.
  9. Pour mixture over your rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese
  10. Bake for 20 minutes until heated through.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel