marble pound cake

I’m starting to feel a little funny about a week from tomorrow. You see- I’m turning 30.  (Woah- it even sounds weird typing it…)

30 feels old. I know it’s not that old. I know that it’s really pretty young in the scheme of life, but it’s just about how it sounds. I mean- I’ve been in my 20s for so long. (Ok 10 years is the standard amount of time to be in my 20s, but it feels like a huge chunk of life.) I think its less about fear of growing older, and more about where I thought I’d be at 30, and a feeling of nostalgia about saying farewell a large part of my life.


To take my mind off of the big birthday, I’ve been baking up a storm. You see- when I feel anxious and freaked out, baking gives me a bit a calm. I also desperately want to have some posts for you when I’m in Europe so I’m actively working against my normal instincts of doing everything last minute!

If you haven’t made a marble cake before, I think it’s totally fun! I loved swirling this batter because it was so smooth and velvety. The finished cake is really to die for. Buttery and soft with alternating bites of chocolate and vanilla. I think the batter could work as cupcakes or even a fun marble-y layer cake. The options are endless!

On an off-subject, here is a funny video from a commercial I did a couple years ago. Definitely my best acting work of my 20s. :)

ingredients

  • ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1¾ cups cake flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • ⅔ cup buttermilk, room temperature
  • ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • butter or spray for pan

instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter or spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
  2. Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
  3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour.
  4. ..............................................


for full recipes please see : www.thebakerchick.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel