RAINBOW CUPCAKES

A year and a half ago I was at a pretty low point in my life. My sister had passed away unexpectedly and my dad and my mother-in-law had both been diagnosed with cancer. Overall I think I’m an optimistic person but I found myself in an unfamiliar place filled with cynicism and doubt that life was nothing more that hurt and trials.


Time heals all things…most things. Today my dad and mother-in-law are both cancer free and realizing that my sister is gone is…well… bearable. I know I will see her again. It’s just that it feels like forever before I will. I am in a much better place. I have healthy kids, a husband with a job, and right now I think that’s more than anyone could ask for. Life is good.

My son Austin’s 5th birthday is this week. I made these for his preschool. They are so cheery to look at. They took a little time but his preschool teacher said the kids were amazed when they took off the wrappers and saw the rainbows.

INGREDIENTS
Cupcakes:

  •  1 white cake mix
  •  2 eggs
  •  1 cup sour cream
  •  1/2 cup milk
  •  1/3 cup vegetable oil

Frosting:

  •  3 sticks butter (1 ½ cups, room temperature)
  •  6 cups powdered sugar
  •  5 Tablespoons milk
  •  1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •  1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (or just use all vanilla extract)
  •  Dash of salt
  • Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. For the Cupcakes: Combine all ingredients until incorporated (about 30 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl and then beat on med-high speed for 3 minutes.
  2. Divide batter according to how many colors you are using. I used 5 colors and it worked out to a little over 1 cup for each color.
  3. .........................................

for full instruction please see : www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel