Vintage Cake

Despite taking all of Wilton’s cake decorating classes, my frosting piping skills still leave a lot to be desired.  Cake decorating…I’m not so good at.  Cake eating…well, at that, I’m a pro.;-)

Recently, I got the opportunity to get my cake-happy hands on Amanda’s (of I am Baker and the originator of the rose cake) new book, Surprise Inside Cakes.  Based on the cover alone, I knew Amanda’s book would not disappoint – and it certainly didn’t.

Each cake is not only beautiful on the outside, but also contains a “surprise” when you slice into them.  From rainbow cakes to ombre cakes to a candle shape baked inside a Jack O’Lantern cake, Amanda expertly shows you step-by-step how to recreate these gorgeous cakes at home.  She even makes it look easy!


As much as I wanted to start with a more complex cake, I decided to start with a cake I can handle, and work my way up…I’m hoping by Doodle’s birthday in July I can give something like this a try:

Ingredients

  • Amanda's white cake recipe OR 1 box white cake mix
  • Amanda's Decadent Brownies OR 1 box brownie mix
  • 2 squares (2 ounces) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14-ounce can)
  • Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups confectioner's sugar
  • ¼ cup milk

Method

  1. Prepare white cake as directed on the box, and pour into two 9-inch round cake pans. Allow cakes to cool to room temperature.
  2. Prepare brownies as directed, baking in a 9-inch round cake pan.
  3. To make the chocolate sauce, place the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until the chocolate is melted (about 5 minutes).
  4. .........................


for full recipes please see : kitchenmeetsgirl.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel