Birthday Cake Cupcakes

Birthday cake cupcakes with sprinkles. A small batch cupcake recipe for birthday cupcakes for celebrating a kids birthday party, or gifting a friend or coworker on their special day! This recipe for 4 cupcakes will come in handy! Be sure to pin it to save for later!

The other day, my daughter and I were invited to a low-key birthday celebration for one of her friends from school. It wasn’t the typical birthday party with a huge cake and formal setting; it was a fun, relaxing play date. Can I admit that these are the only kinds of kids birthday parties I like to attend?

Even though the party was low-key, I still felt like sprinkles needed to be involved in some way. So, I altered my recipe for wedding cake cupcakes to become birthday cake cupcakes with sprinkles. In order to make the cupcakes have a softer texture more similar to cake mix, I use oil instead of butter.

While a small batch of cupcakes is perfect for a kids birthday party, they’re also a great gift for a friend on their birthday. A small plate of 4 cupcakes is so thoughtful to give to someone on their birthday. If they share a cupcake with you, even better, but it’s their day!



Learning how to make birthday cupcakes at home is a skill that will make you lots of friends in life!

I love that this small batch recipe of cupcakes only makes 4 because kids don’t really need that much sugar on their birthdays. I actually waited to give Camille refined sugar until she was 2 years old. As much as I would have liked to give Camille these, I opted for my refined-sugar free maple syrup cupcake recipe instead as her first birthday cupcakes! (Yep, I’m one of those moms!)

Ingredients
For the birthday cake cupcakes:

  • 1/4 cup neutral oil (like canola or grapeseed)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg white
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • big pinch of salt
  • 2 tablespoons of sprinkles

For the frosting:

  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon sprinkles, plus extra for decorating

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350, and line four cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
  2. First, make the cupcakes: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, almond and vanilla extracts. Whisk until very well combined.
  3. ............................................

for full recipes please see : www.dessertfortwo.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel