Chocolate Mint Macarons

I have NEVER liked Macarons, I admit it. I just didn’t GET them… until last month. I FINALLY had a GOOD macaron and now I’m in love. When we decided to make recipes for National Chocolate Mint Day for our Celebrating Food round up this month I knew JUST what I wanted to make!

So before I got started I did a TON of research. Online AND asking friends that I know have made macarons (successfully – Thx Cynthia). I heard such scary stories about making them that I was a little nervous. So I spent a few days learning everything I could (like the difference between Italian and French macarons – these are french), then I just bought everything and got started!


Up until the point that I opened the oven door and saw those perfect feet on the shells I wasn’t sure if it worked! PHEW!

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp dried egg white powder (not meringue powder)
  • 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 3/4 C powdered sugar
  • 1 1/8 C fine almond flour
  • 4 lrg egg whites set out at room temp (at least 24 hours, better at 3 days)
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • peppermint syrup
  • ganache

Instructions

  1. Print your template and place in pans (2-3) under parchment paper - OR draw 1 1/2 inch circles on the underside of your parchment paper.
  2. Stir the sugar and egg white powder into a small bowl.
  3. In another bowl sift together the almond meal and powdered sugar at least twice.
  4. In a copper or grease free bowl add the cream of tarter to your egg whites, beat them on low speed until foamy (with a hand mixer or by hand - not a big machine mixer).
  5. .............................


for full recipes please see : ashleemarie.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel