FILLED GERMAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM

The blend between the caramel buttercream and the rich, coconut filling in these deluxe German Chocolate Cupcakes will make you swoon.  They are SO good – if you like coconut, that is.  My husband does not and it makes me sad because it’s one of my favorite ingredients.  Since he’s not eating these cupcakes, I’m sharing them with you!

I’ve been kind of into filling cupcakes with something yummy lately.  It’s like a fun surprise between the crumbly cake and the fluffy frosting.  In this case, the gooey center is a traditional German Chocolate Cake filling/frosting – made from egg yolks, butter, sugar, and coconut.  But the caramel buttercream frosting added to the top leaves you with the whole package.


While I like to make decadent desserts and experiment with new flavors and recipes, it’s nearly impossible to find the time to make everything from scratch.  I use boxed cake mixes most of the time because they taste pretty darn good.  Sometimes adding a few alternate ingredients can really dress up a cake, sometimes adding a homemade frosting is all that is needed to produce a delicious cake.  And I should note that I always, always make frosting from scratch – that’s the part I’d rather put my time into.  Anyway…I used a boxed German chocolate cake mix for the basic cupcakes here.  My mom makes a great German Chocolate cake from scratch, if you want to whip up the whole shebang.

Ingredients

  • One batch of Chocolate Cupcakes
  • One batch of Caramel Sauce
  • For the Chocolate Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
To assemble the cupcakes:

  1. Cut a small piece out of the center of each cupcake.
  2. Spoon caramel sauce into the hole. Frost with chocolate frosting. Top with a Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramel  if desired.
  3. ..........................


for full recipes please see : tastesbetterfromscratch.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel