kfc style spicy popcorn chicken

I think I’ve got you covered as far as irresistible fast food goes with this KFC Style Spicy Popcorn Chicken. So the thing is, I’m not a big KFC fan. Sorry KFC lovers. But their popcorn chicken I’m partial to. I know it’s not healthy. And all the calories. After all it’s just pieces of fried chicken. But there is something about them being bite sized and coated in a sweet spicy spice rub that I find so irresistible.

This is one of those recipes that I get a little obsessive about. Because I need to get it just right before I share it here with all you discerning food lovers. We have a friendly trust thing going on and it means so much to me that we are food loving BFF’s. So this KFC style popcorn chicken was made a total of 6 times before I decided it was good enough to be shared here.


There’s nothing truly special about the fried chicken. I did try a few combinations – double soak in buttermilk, flour + buttermilk + panko + buttermilk coating, skipping the flour completely etc. etc. and I think as far as you use some buttermilk and stick to panko breadcrumbs, the crunch will be LOUD and CLEAR.

INGREDIENTS

  • 300 grams Chicken (Boneless)
  • (Oil for Frying)
  • for the marinade:
  • 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic (paste)
  • 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
  • 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or Paprika Powder)
  • to taste Salt
  • for the coating:
  • 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1/2 cup Buttermilk
  • 3/4 cup Panko (Breadcrumbs)
  • to taste Salt (and Pepper)
  • for the spice mix:
  • 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Kashmiri Chilli Powder (or Paprika Powder)
  • 3/4 teaspoon Sugar (Powdered)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Oregano (dried)

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cut the boneless chicken into 1 inch bite sized pieces.
  2. Mix together all the ingredients under marinade and rub all over the chicken. Marinate for at least half an hour.
  3. .................................


for full recipes please see : myfoodstory.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel