Lemon Cupcakes

All you dog owners out there.. I give you a round of applause!

Ryan and I dog sat this weekend. It was a lot of fun pretending to be dog owners, it gives you a great reason to go for lots of walks.

I did learn that dogs can be silly and finicky. Like when they refuse to keep walking during a walk and all of a sudden the dog becomes a 400 pound sumo wrestler that I can’t manage to move an inch.


I am pretty sure I learned how to speak dog too. It went something like this.. I was standing in the hallway. The dog came over, sat down, and looked at me. I looked at the dog because I was trying to figure out what it wanted. Then the dog looked at it’s leash hanging up on the wall and looked back at me. The dog practically said, “I want to go on a walk please” and I couldn’t refuse those cute doggie eyes.

Ingredients:
LEMON CUPCAKES

  • 1 & 1/2 cups flour, spooned and leveled
  • 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
  • 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk

LIGHT LEMON BUTTERCREAM

  • 1 stick butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2-4 tsp lemon juice, depending on how strong you like the flavor

Directions:
LEMON CUPCAKES

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
  4. ............................


for full recipes please see : thefirstyearblog.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel