The Best Lemon Cupcakes Recipe

I’m always on the hunt to find the best recipes.  I am constantly putting one recipe up against another in hopes of finding a clear winner!  I call it my own little version of cupcake wars.  Today I want to share the recipe for the best lemon cupcakes, {one of my very favorite cupcakes} that was found as a result of my little taste testing methods.

Step One:  Google some recipes for any particular topic.  I read reviews and go with ones that seem to be a hit!


Step Two:  Make them and pay close attention to all directions so you make it how they were intended to be made.

Step Three:  Have as many friends and neighbors that will volunteer for the calories, taste all trials and give you a fair vote.  In order to keep it fair, I always make the topping/frosting constant when I’m just looking for the best cake recipe.

You can see that the three I tried looked a little different. For this trial, the winner was this recipe (from Your Home Based Mom) and I added something of my own too.  This was the easiest recipe I tried and they were a big hit!

Lemon Cupcakes

  • 1 pkg of (betty crocker) lemon cake mix
  • 1 small pkg jello vanilla instant pudding
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 c water
  • 3/4 c oil
  • 1 c sour cream
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • juice of 1 lemon

Instructions:

  1. Stir it up and evenly fill 24 cupcake papers. Bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean. They will just barely be starting to brown in a couple spots.  My oven only took 15 minutes.  The key to moist cupcakes is not to over bake!  Of course you don’t want them under baked either so it’s a fine line.
  2. ..........................


for full recipes please see : www.somewhatsimple.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel