VALENTINE’S HEART MACARONS

Baking holiday-themed stuff could be my most favourite thing ever. I get just a little excited about the prospect of incorporating different themes and flavours into my baked goodies. So, what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with some pretty pink heart macarons?

HOW DO YOU MAKE HEART SHAPED MACARONS?
It didn’t take me long to decide what I wanted to make, but it took some research to figure out how I would create the heart shapes. I spent too much time looking for a heart shaped cookie cutter to create my parchment templates. I needed ONE cookie cutter, not 3 and preferably not giant. This was harder to find than expected mid-January. Cookie cutter hunt was fruitless so I looked for a template online. I found this one, printed two 8 1/2″x11″ copies on my home printer and taped/cut them into an 11″x17″ shape for my pans. NOTE: The template I used is no longer available, but here is a similar one from my friend Mimi. I placed the parchment templates under my Silpat mats to use as a guide.


INGREDIENTS
COOKIES

  • 60 g egg whites room temperature
  • 65 g granulated sugar
  • 75 g almond flour
  • 55 g powdered sugar
  • fuschia color gel

CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM

  • 1/4 recipe Simple Vanilla Buttercream
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Line baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment.*
  2. Place the almond powder and icing sugar in a food processor. Process until just beginning to clump.
  3. Sift well and discard any bits that won't pass through the sifter. Set aside.
  4. ...........................


for full recipes please see : livforcake.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel