Butterfinger Cheesecake Cupcakes

My friend Jay and I have a special bond over butterfingers. And by bond, I mean we’re kind of obsessed. I don’t think either of us eat them on the regular… but when we’re together, the orange and blue wrappers go flying!

With Jay in town, I thought it was the perfect time to create and share a new butterfinger recipe for us… and for YOU! For past reunions I’ve made butterfinger cupcakes, butterfinger truffles, butterfinger brownies and butterfinger blondies, but with the Summer heat kicking it lately, my taste buds have been craving something cold and creamy.


These sweet little Butterfinger Mousse Cheesecakes are loaded with candy bar goodness. Make a batch of these easy cheesecake desserts for parties and watch them disappear.

Fall is right around the corner. I can almost feel it, even though it is still hot and humid here in Florida. The kids are back in school, and sports teams have started practicing for the upcoming fall season.

I have to be honest with you. I’m not really into football.  When my hubby turns the tv on to watch a game, I have to have something else I can work on. Flowers for my shop or cookbooks to read through.

Sometimes I get up and go bake M&M Blonde Brownies because baking is just more fun. He doesn’t even notice that I’m gone most times. Mostly because he falls asleep to the game. LOL!

Now just because I’m not into the game doesn’t mean I don’t support it. I like to make food for those days because I am a huge fan of football food. Just hand me a bowl of this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip and some Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites, and I’m a happy camper.

Mini cheesecakes are always a winning treat on game days too. Small, bite sized and full of lots of candy. Just the way I like them.

Ingredients

  • 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
  • 2 Tbsps. sugar, and 1⁄2 cup sugar
  • 6 Tbsps. butter, melted
  • 3 8-oz. packs cream cheese, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsps. sour cream
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 2 tsps. shortening
  • 1 3⁄4 cup crushed Butterfinger candies
  • 8 oz. whipped topping
  • 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips

Instructions

  1. To make the crust, combine cracker crumbs, 2 Tbsps. sugar, and butter in a bowl, and mix until combined.
  2. Spoon mixture evenly into 24 cupcake liners, and press down. Set aside.
  3. To make the cheesecakes, beat 2 packs cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl, until fluffy.
  4. Add in eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and beat well.
  5. In a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and 1 tsp. shortening. Heat for 30-second intervals, and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
  6. Add melted chocolate to cream cheese mixture, and add 1 cup crushed Butterfingers. Stir well to mix.
  7. Fill each cupcake liner with cheesecake mixture. Bake in oven at 350 °F for 18 to 22 minutes. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
  8. To make the mousse, beat 1 pack cream cheese until creamy.
  9. In a microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter chips and remaining shortening. Heat for 30 to 45 seconds, and stir until smooth.
  10. Add melted chips to cream cheese, and mix. Add in whipped topping, and fold mixture well.
  11. Spread 1 Tbsp. of mousse on top of each cake. Top with remaining crushed Butterfingers.
  12. Refrigerate for a few hours. Serve, and enjoy!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel