Vegan Brownies

I’m the first to admit that I’m not the hugest fan of chocolate . I enjoy it on occasion, but somehow I was born into that 0.00001% percent of the female population who usually prefers something fruity, caramel-y, cinnamon-y, or (my favorite!) vanilla-y when it comes to dessert.

I know.

My chocolate-obsessed mom still cannot understand how we’re related.

Don’t get me wrong, I still totally like chocolate.  It has just always felt super rich to me, and I’m usually satisfied after a few bites. But that said, whenever those chocolate cravings do pop up, there is one recipe I love to make that always comes to the rescue.  It’s quick and easy to bake, it calls for simple everyday ingredients, it includes some healthier ingredients (including olive oil and avocado!), it just so happens to be naturally dairy-free and vegan, and it is basically everything you could ever want in a rich, warm, fudgy, chewy, decadent chocolate dessert.


In the last two days, I’ve made three batches of vegan brownies. That’s right, three. A few weeks ago, I tried some other recipes I was playing around with. All in an attempt to create the most perfect vegan brownies recipe in the world. It has been such a struggle you guys! (And yes I have a freezer FULL of brownies)

All of the recipes were edible (I mean, come on, it’s chocolate people!), but NOT the brownie perfection I was looking for. Either they were too fudgy, or too cake-like (my biggest peeve). Or one batch that cooked fine on the outside but wouldn’t fully cook near the middle.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
  • 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp oil
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup spelt, white, or ap gf flour
  • 1 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, unrefined if desired
  • 1/3 cup white sugar, unrefined if desired, OR stevia baking blend
  • loosely packed 2 tbsp cornstarch or flaxmeal
  • 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the first 3 ingredients, then set aside. If using flax, whisk it in as well. Preheat oven to 330F. Grease a 9×13 pan or line with parchment paper, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients.
  2. Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, and pour into prepared pan. Smooth down. Bake 16 minutes. The brownies will look a little underdone when they come out, but that’s okay! Refrigerate – they start to firm up after a few hours and are nice and cut-able by the next day, and the taste is much better the next day as well. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze.

Frost with frosting of choice or the following recipe:

  1. 1/2 cup cocoa powder (40g)
  2. 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave (30g)
  3. 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted (75g)
  4. Stir ingredients together to form a thin sauce. Spread over the brownies, and refrigerate or freeze 20 minutes to set.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel