Cauliflower Casserole

This keto cauliflower casserole is amazing. It is rich, delicious, and low carb, so you can enjoy it guilt-free. Based on my Brussels sprouts gratin, it’s a great way to convince picky eaters to eat their vegetables!

One of my kids hates cauliflower with a passion. That’s a shame, because it’s a very healthy vegetable, and my husband and I love it – it’s such a wonderful, versatile vegetable for low carbers.

Here’s a link to my numerous cauliflower recipes. A few favorite ones include creamy cauliflower soup, cauliflower “steaks”, sauteed curried cauliflower, and cauliflower fritters.


However, this cauliflower casserole is magical – it’s the only way she’ll eat cauliflower. I guess the cheese and bacon make it tolerable. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down – must be true for cheese and bacon too! 😀

Some people may be wondering if I’m crazy to consider it healthy. But, I’m not one to fear fat. I believe that it can be a good thing if you use unprocessed sources. I use grass-fed butter and uncured bacon. And, a casserole like this is much healthier than one with potatoes.

My friend, Kim, has a yummy loaded cauliflower recipe using mashed cauliflower. Try her version here if you miss mashed potatoes!

I like to make my easy cauliflower casserole using whole cauliflower florets instead. That way, I get the flavor of roasted cauliflower and don’t have to wash my food processor. The entire prep time is just around ten minutes, which is awesome for busy weeknights.

Ingredients

  • 20 ounces cauliflower florets
  • 1 cup grated cheddar
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
  • 3 tablespoons diced green onions
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
  2. Add the cauliflower to a large microwave safe bowl along with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
  3. Mash cauliflower with a potato masher.
  4. Add the cheddar, cream cheese, and sour cream to the bowl and stir well until the cheese has melted into the cauliflower.
  5. Stir in the bacon, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
  6. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
  7. Serve hot.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel