THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE!

My third-born son is by far my pickiest eater. I used to make separate meals for my younger two boys because I knew that they wouldn’t eat what I was making for the rest of my family. I know, tsk tsk! Several months ago, I decided that I was sick and tired of making two different meals every might! So I decided to start making my younger two eat what we were all eating.

It was tough at first (lots of tears!) but after a few weeks, they sort of got in the groove of eating what we were all eating. I started to get to know what they liked and didn’t like and adjusted my recipes that way.

When we were newly married, we lived near Dean’s brother, his wife, and two kids. We were living in an apartment, going to college full-time, and working crazy hours to pay the bills. We were poor little college students and would love when Deron and Sarah would invite us over for dinner. Their go-to meal was grilled chicken in a delish marinade. They knew how much we loved it so we ate it almost every time we had dinner at their home.


So I had to ask her what was in this amazing chicken marinade recipe. It is beyond simple! I decided to tweak it and add a few more flavors to make it extra tangy and zesty.

I found that my boys’ favorite protein was chicken. I have to admit that I’m really really picky about chicken. I don’t buy those cheaper value packs of chicken because I don’t like the way they taste and I always have to marinate my chicken breasts or I won’t like it. High maintenance, right?! 😉

I’ve tried many marinade recipes over the years but this chicken marinade recipe is one of my favorites. I love it because it uses simple ingredients I usually have on hand. It takes very little time to throw together, too. It’s clean eating, adds so much flavor, makes the chicken super tender and juicy and it’s healthy!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or other vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/8 cup lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp dried rosemary
  • 2 tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken

Instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a large Pyrex measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.
  2. Remove a half a cup of marinade and reserve for basting the chicken later.
  3. Place chicken in a large, ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top. Close securely.
  4. Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
  5. To grill
  6. Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
  7. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off.
  8. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
  9. Baste the chicken occasionally with the reserved marinade.
  10. Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving
  11. Optional.
  12. If you bring the reserved marinade up to a boil, let simmer until slightly reduced, it makes a wonderful sauce to go on top of the chicken.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel