JALAPENO POPPER DIP WITH BACON

This jalapeno popper dip recipe is creamy, cheesy, spicy, loaded with bacon and totally addicting! It’s made with a blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, fresh jalapenos and bacon, then topped with crunchy breadcrumbs. Serve your popper dip with tortilla chips for the ultimate party snack.

I love a cheesy hot dip, especially when I’m entertaining. I often serve pizza dip, Philly cheesesteak dip and this amazingly delicious jalapeno popper dip to my guests at gatherings.

When I was in high school I got my first “real” job as a server at a Mexican restaurant.  It was a far cry from authentic Mexican, but I will say that’s where I was first introduced to jalapeno poppers, which were taken frozen from the freezer and deep-fried before serving them to guests.  Which, I’m guessing, is how basically most restaurant chains that serve jalapeno poppers operate.


Regardless, I love those cheesy, creamy, mildly spicy appetizers with the crispy breaded coating on the outside.

Jalapeno poppers are one of my biggest weaknesses, when I see them I just can’t say no! This jalapeno popper dip might be even better than the poppers you find in the freezer section, because I took them same flavors and added BACON to the mix. Can you ever really go wrong with bacon? I think not!

BEST JALAPENO POPPER DIP RECIPE
This easy, delicious jalapeno popper dip recipe has all the flavor of jalapeno poppers, including that crunchy breading element in the form of buttery panko breadcrumbs sprinkled on top.  Jalapeno popper dip with panko topping is a no-brainer, right?  The dippable form is crazy addicting and super easy to whip up for a game day party, holiday gathering, or New Year’s Eve celebration.

Even though it seems like a lot of jalapenos are in this jalapeno popper dip with bacon recipe, don’t let that scare you off.  The dip is honestly hardly spicy at all, so long as you remove the seeds and stems from the jalapenos (if you want it spicy, by all means, leave some of the seeds in!).  Any heat in the jalapeno itself is also way toned down thanks to the creamy cream cheese mixture that serves as the base of the dip.  Which also happens to have four different kinds of cheese in it.  And bacon.  BECAUSE WE CAN.

I use fresh jalapenos even though some jalapeno popper dip recipes call for canned peppers.  I just think fresh jalapenos have a much better flavor and I like the little bit of texture that they add.

INGREDIENTS

  • 16 oz cream cheese softened
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 4 oz can diced jalapenos drained
  • 4 oz can diced green chiles drained
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
  • 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon divided
  • 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.  I use my quiche pan, but any shallow baking dish will work.
  2. Add softened cream cheese and mayo to a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and combined.  Add 1/2 the bacon, jalapenos, green chiles, cumin, and mexican and mozzarella cheeses.
  3. Transfer to prepared dish, smooth out with a rubber spatula.
  4. Combine melted butter, panko, and Parmesan cheese.  Sprinkle over the top of the dip.  Sprinkle remaining bacon pieces over the top.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes, until panko is lightly golden brown and dip is bubbling.
  6. If desired, top cooked dip with slices of fresh jalapeno.  Serve hot.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel