STRAWBERRY-LIME-SLUSH

Summer is here in all it’s glory. We’ve done park days, creek days and library days already. We’ve had some perfect summer weather too.  A low 80s day is just the perfect day for me.

And this strawberry lime slush is the perfect way to cool down and enjoy the season’s fresh and best. I think you’ll love them too. Made with real strawberries and frozen lime concentrate these are simple as you can get.

I definitely need to make these again soon. Cherries are ripening here in Pennsylvania and I can’t wait to get my hands on some and make these. What  do you think goes better with cherries? Lime or lemon. Hmm…I might have to try it both ways.


Now we have an alternative to stopping by Sonic or the local Sheetz where we consume way too much high fructose corn syrup and food coloring. These two things I try to avoid completely. But every now and they we stop and get a treat. This makes me a happy momma just knowing that they’re getting better ingredients here.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup lime frozen concentrate I used Cascadian Farm
  • 2 cups of ice

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Crush ice in a food processor blender. Place in freezer. Meanwhile, rinse and hull strawberries. Cut in half. Place in a food processor or blender. Pulse or blend until berries are finely crushed. Add lime concentrate. Pulse a few more times. Add crushed ice and pulse several times. Add more ice if necessary for desired texture.
  2. Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy immediately.
  3. ............................


for full recipes please see : gatherforbread.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel