GREEN CHILE CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE

Hi ya’ll…my name is Emilie from the food blog Tales of a Texas Granola Girl where I share gluten-free and low-carb recipes inspired by my Texas upbringing.  I believe amazing, satisfying food doesn’t have to be filled with sugar, grains or preservatives and healthy food doesn’t have to be boring and bland! These days I live on a Ranch out in the middle of nowhere Texas, home-school my girls, raise animals, cook for Ranch guests and specialize in creating delicious recipes that are 100% gluten free, low carb and keto and always kid and Cowboy approved! You can find me at www.texasgranolagirl.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/texasgranolagirl/.

I’m so excited that Taryn invited me to Guest Post on Joy Filled Eats!  I am thrilled to share this simple and scrumptious Green Chile Cauliflower Rice Casserole, inspired by one of my all-time favorite family dishes!


Green Chile Cauliflower casserole was inspired by one of my childhood favorite special occasion dishes.  It was always on the table at Easter, Christmas and other holiday dinners…or at least I always hoped it was!  It was always reserved for special occasions in our house because these rich and decadent dishes just weren’t considered every day food!


Lucky for you, living a low carb or keto lifestyle, this cream, dreamy, cauliflower casserole can now a weeknight regular!

KETO CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE = COMFORT FOOD
One of my favorite things to do is to take my favorite childhood comfort food recipes and “de-carb” them!  We all have those dishes that evoke “food memories” …sometimes for me, it’s just the aroma that does it!  Well, just because we are living a low-carb or keto lifestyle shouldn’t mean that we miss out on all those amazing flavors from our past!

Green Chile Cauliflower Casserole was inspired by one of my favorite special occasion dishes.  I remember it was always on the table at Christmas and other holiday dinners…or at least I hoped it was!  It’s funny…I’m not quite sure why it was reserved mostly for special occasions because it is so easy to make…probably because it is rich and decadent and those dishes in our house were always reserved for holidays!  The version from my childhood had white rice as the main ingredient so I switched it up with some cauliflower rice, made a few other modifications and I have to say this low carb version is even better than the original…sorry, mom!

INGREDIENTS

  • 20 oz frozen cauliflower florets (about 4 cups)
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1/2 cup Salsa Verde
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Put your cauliflower in a microwave safe dish and cook for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender.
  2. Add the cream cheese and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir.
  3. Add the chicken, salsa verde, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. Stir.
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees (F) in an ovenproof casserole dish for 20 minutes.
  5. OR you could microwave on high for 10 minutes.
  6. Serve hot.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel