SOUTHWEST AVOCADO TOAST

So I promised to bring you guys some more breakfast recipes this year! Well, this Southwest Avocado Toast is seriously one of my favorite breakfasts! Technically it can be eaten at any meal, but since it has eggs I primarily eat it for breakfast.

Not saying that you have to, just saying it’s an option. I’m the brinner type of gal, so I actually eat this all day long. I’m kinda slightly addicted. But I’m fully addicted to avocado. I will eat avocado on ANYTHING! Like give me guacamole and I’ll eat it with a spoon.

That’s totally not weird at all right? Ok anyways, I’m not sure but avocado toast has been on the trend lately. I mean there are so many ways to eat it. Like avocado, bacon and tomato…um yes. Avocado, hummus and cucumber…need to try! And avocado tuna melt?!?! Say what?!


What is an avocado? Avocado is the green fruit of a tree, it has a brown seed in the middle with lime green flesh and green leathery skin. It is originated in Central America and the Caribbean but it is now grown in California, Florida, Australia, Indonesia, Israel and other parts of the world.

There are hundreds of varieties of avocados, I find that the Jamaican variety is the best tasting ones I have ever had, they are the larger variety and they are slightly sweet and mostly organic.

They are similar to the Floridan avocados in look but surpass them in taste and even texture. I find the Floridan type to be too watery and sickly sweet. The Jamaican variety doesn't turn brown or black when cut and left on the counter like other varieties do.

Sometimes my friends who live in South Florida brings me the Jamaican variety but for now, I have to settle with the Haas variety and so I try to boost its flavor by coming up with flavorful recipes.

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 peices multi-grain bread toasted*
  • 1 ounce container Sabra Southwestern Guacamole 7-
  • 1/4 cup black beans drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup corn kernels
  • 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
  • 1 small heirloom tomato diced
  • 4 pieces thick cut bacon cooked
  • 4 eggs sunny side up or fried
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Spread the guacamole on 4 pieces of toasted bread. Top with black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, cooked bacon, and sunny side up egg. Serve and enjoy!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel