AVOCADO BACON AND EGGS

Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE breakfast foods? They’re my  FAVORITE!!

Unfortunately, I feel like we don’t have as much time in the morning to enjoy all the delicious breakfast recipes, but thankfully we have them for dinner quite often. We usually try to make breakfast at least on Saturdays since it’s a day we usually have a little more time, but I wish we could do it even more often. We do have some quick breakfast treats we like to make and today I’m sharing one of those simple, fast recipes.

Today’s recipe is for Avocado Bacon and Eggs. I had first seen them on The View from in Here and knew I’d love them because I’m quite obsessed with avocados. I made a few changes and have found a new favorite recipe the hubby and I enjoy in the mornings. The combination of the avocado with the cheese, bacon and eggs makes for a simple but filling breakfast that I think you will enjoy too.


Leave the skin on the avocado during the baking to provide support. Once the avocado is removed and cooled you can remove the skin, although this dish is easier eaten with the skin on. Just use it as nature’s bowl.

The top of the avocado might brown just slightly from the baking, but it’s nothing to worry about and has no impact on the taste or texture. We’re not baking the avocado long enough to blacken it.

Ingredients

  • 4-6 British free-range streaky bacon rashers
  • 1 large ripe avocado
  • 1 red chilli, finely chopped
  • Roughly chopped fresh mint or coriander
  • Juice of ½-1 lime
  • 2 free-range eggs
  • 2 slices of good, chewy bread
  • Butter to spread

Method

  1. Heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas 7. Lay the bacon rashers on a foil-lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until crisp.
  2. Meanwhile, halve, stone and roughly mash the avocado. Stir in the red chilli, chopped mint or coriander and the lime juice to taste, into the mashed avocado. Season generously with salt and a little pepper.
  3. Fry the eggs to your liking in a drizzle of vegetable oil and toast the bread, then spread with butter. Divide the avocado mixture between the toast slices, then top with the bacon and a fried egg each. Serve immediately, while the butter is still oozing from beneath the avocado.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel