TACO STUFFED PEPPERS

If you have been a reader for any length of time then you know I have been following the Weight Watchers plan and love sharing Weight Watchers recipes with you all. Recently, my husband started following a Keto or Low Carb diet. This wasn’t exactly music to my ears, as us being on two different diet plans has made meal planning more challenging. But he has been experiencing success, and I want to be supportive, so I have been cooking lots of Keto friendly meals for him. I figured I would share them with you as well, starting with these easy and yummy Taco Stuffed Peppers (Keto, Low Carb).

You guuuuuuuuuuuys.  A week from Thursday my kids start school. A week.from.Thursday.  SO SOON!  I am a total jumble of emotions this year as they are starting school.  The kids are starting a new school this year, which makes life all sorts of complicated.  They are nervous, and I am doing my best to not show them that I’m SUPER nervous.  Like way more nervous than they are.  Before I know it I’m going to be having my repetitive high school dream that I don’t remember my locker combination and I forgot to study for my English exam. ????


To make these taco stuffed peppers (keto, low carb), you will start out by sauteing an onion in olive oil until it begins to soften.

Next, add in some minced garlic. As a shortcut, you can buy jarred minced garlic. If you love garlic as much as I do and use it a lot, this is a good option.

Anyway!  In the middle of all the prep that goes into a new school year (especially this school year), I am totally thinking about what all the easy dinners are that I can have on hand to make life more simple as things get super complicated with back to school.

And these Taco Stuffed Peppers made with Horizon Mexican Shredded Cheese are a totally perfect back to school meal.  It is basically throwing a bunch of things together in a big bowl, and then tossing it in peppers.  What makes this such a quick easy meal is the microwavable rice – a genius idea found in my friend Phi’s new book . . . . rice that I totally forgot to include in the above picture . . . #oops!

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 yellow onion diced
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1 oz. Taco Seasoning
  • 1 cup black beans
  • 1 Roma tomato diced
  • 3 bell peppers cut in half
  • ¾ cup salsa
  • ¾ cup Sour Cream
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place the empty bell peppers (hollow side- up) on a greased baking pan, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat, add ground beef, onions, and garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
  4. Add the taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
  5. Add the black beans and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Scoop the taco filling inside each of the baked peppers. Top each with cheese. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
  7. Serve with salsa and sour cream!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel