Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread Recipe

I’m SO excited to share this recipe. It’s my favourite banana bread in the entire world.

Yes, favoriter than anything with chocolate, and that means something coming from me.

I think it’s the streusel-y crumb topping, because streusel anything is the best.

2 of my favorite things in one loaf? Stop it. Banana bread with a crunchy cinnamon topping. This bread is absolute heaven! I have made numerous variations of banana bread in my lifetime. This one along with Smitten Kitchen’s Marble Banana Bread are my top 2 faves. Both very different and insanely delicious!

I adapted this recipe and made some tweaks to make it healthier. I used whole wheat flour and nonfat greek yogurt to add more moisture. It is really dry here in Colorado so baked goods tend to come out a little drier if you don’t do it right!


This bread makes the house smell AMAZING. At our house, the kitchen vent goes right into our bedroom, and I ain’t mad about it. Especially when I have this yummy bread baking in the oven!

This Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crunch is super simple to make and is a sure crowd pleaser!!!

I make this with my toddler all the time, and we usually make a double batch of streusel because we’ll eat them before baking anyways, ahem.

This is a great recipe to make with small kids, because all wet ingredients just need to get mixed in a bowl, sprinkle with the dry ingredients and fold.

Em is already pretty good at measuring out the dry ingredients, and she loves whisking the wet ingredients.

I make the streusel and she sneaks little bites when she thinks I don’t see her. It’s the cutest thing ☺️

Ingredients

  • 2  Large Eggs
  • 1 cup Mashed Banana
  • ¾ cups Sugar
  • ⅓ cups Oil
  • ½ cups Greek Yogurt
  • 1-¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • ¼ cups Cornstarch Or Extra Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt

FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:

  • ½ cups Flour (plain Or Whole Wheat)
  • ½ cups Brown Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • ¼ cups Butter

Preparation

  1. Heat oven to 360°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf tin.
  2. Whisk together wet ingredients in a large bowl (eggs, banana, sugar, oil, yogurt). Sprinkle flour, cornstarch (or extra flour), cinnamon, baking powder and salt on top. Gently fold in, do not over-mix!
  3. For the crumb topping, place the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until crumbs form.
  4. Place the batter in the prepared loaf tin and evenly sprinkle with the crumb topping. Bake for 55–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel