The ultimate chewy chocolate chip cookies

I think any famous person would love to have some chewy gooey chocolate chip cookies! :) This is my go-to cookie recipe and it’s been a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike.  I call this “the ultimate chewy chocolate chip cookies” recipe because I have not found one that is as good as this one in both texture and taste.  I originally came across it on Compassion Over Killing but I can’t find it there anymore so I am glad I wrote it down and can share it  because it’s too good not to!  The cookies are perfect while still warm with a cold glass of almond milk or as an ice cream cookie sandwich.  It’s super easy and in less than half an hour your home can be filled with the smell of freshly baked cookies!

This is a perfect recipe to learn some of the basics of the science of baking because with cookies it’s so easy to see how different tweaks impact the final result!


If you’re anything like the hundreds of people who have taste tested and tried this recipe, you’re going to love it! (Just read some of the comments below!)

All of the ingredients are basic items which is another reason why I like this recipe–I don’t have to go out to the store to get any ingredients when I have a craving or cookies.  I prefer to make these cookies with Canoleo Soft Margarine because I like the taste better than Earth Balance.  I also find Earth Balance to be salty so I usually omit the salt when I bake with it.  I used to be able to get Canoleo at Whole Foods but I haven’t seen it there lately which is a bummer! I have been using Earth Balance and it might just be me with the flavor thing but it works for now.  What type of vegan butter / margarine do you like baking with?  Let me know if you have any recommendations!

You may be asking yourself, what makes this recipe the “ultimate?” Well, let me tell you. I’ll start with flavor because these cookies have HUGE butterscotch flavor and that is exactly what I adore in a chocolate chip cookie. Beyond the flavor is the texture, which is nothing short of incredible.

These cookies have my version of the ultimate texture combination: thick, super chewy, soft and a little gooey in the middle, crisp and slightly crunchy at the edges, with ooey chocolate chips throughout. Does anything get better than that? I don’t think so. I would want these cookies to be a part of my last meal on earth, that’s how much I love them!


A good old chocolate chip cookie is my ultimate party trick. Last-minute dinner guests? No-brainer. Need to bring a dessert or thank-you gift to a party? A perfect choice. Late-night munchies? You bet your ass I’m making a batch.

These sweets are loved by all ages and composed of ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and pantry: flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, butter, eggs and vanilla. In the right proportions, this simple concoction will bring you more joy than that sad lattice pie you still haven’t been able to master.

Now that we’ve established the beauty of this cookie, I’m just going to throw it out there that people who like crispy, crunchy cookies are probably fascists. Too far? OK, well, maybe that’s a bit drastic, but I maintain it’s a character flaw if you prefer a crispy cookie.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • One 3-ounce bar dark chocolate, finely chopped

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
  2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. With the motor running, add the eggs, one at a time, and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate.
  3. Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until a smooth dough forms. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in both chocolates with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Scoop the cookie dough into twenty 1/4-cup balls. Working in two batches, bake the cookies, placing five cookies on each tray 2 inches apart from one another, until golden brown, about 14 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve warm.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel